Tuesday, May 6, 2014

FBN: Chapter 19~ A Walk In The Woods

"Whoa, whoa whoa. Slow down little brother." Korku halted as Grif stood in front of him. "How do you know they're not miles away from where I left them? They could be anywhere by now." Korku huffed. "I realize that, but that's a good of a place to start as any. Don't you want to see them again?" Grif rolled his eyes. "Of course I do, but Korku-" Lalin stepped up. "Now hang on, are you protesting to finding your own denmates?" Grif turned to her, fur fluffing up slightly. "Well, I- no, of course not!" Lalin nodded and padded to stand beside Korku. "Then we should do it. Besides, anywhere Korku goes, I'll follow. Not like I have anywhere else to go anyhow." She added more quietly. Korku tapped his tail to her shoulder, then quickly moved it away. "Look, Grif. I really want you to come. Please?" Grif looked at his paws in thought, then looked back up, laughing slightly. "There's no stopping you is there. All right then, let's go." Korku brightened and nodded, continuing on his walk. Lalin and Grif followed close behind. Korku breathed in deeply, relishing the forest air. This is what I should be doing. He thought. This is what I'll continue to do for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment