Wednesday, April 16, 2014

FBN: Chapter 10~ Chasing The Moon

"I haven't seen ya here before, where'r ya from ya pest?" The first cat growled, a strange accent changing his words. Korku lifted his head up. "It's not your concern." The second one growled in the same accent, "Well ya pelt's stained with blood, 'n that raises some questions." Korku glanced down at his dirty, bloodstained fur. Dang it. Dead giveaway. He looked back to the pair of cats. "Maybe I've been fighting, what's it to you?" The first one snorted. "Ya think ya can jus' come in 'ere and stop us from-" He cut off when the other shot him a look. Korku flicked his gaze at both of them. "Stop you from what? From chasing that cat? Maybe it's about time I ask you some questions." He tried to make his voice deeper, and he unsheathed his razor sharp claws. The cats exchanged a glance. "We don't ave to tell ya nothing!" The first hissed, while the second just nodded. Korku smirked, "Then why should I tell you about me. Go away you fleabags, before someone gets an eye clawed out." The two cats exchanged an anxious glance. "Fine, we'll leave, but not cause ya told us to!" The second meowed, and the two cats sprinted away. Korku waited until they were gone until he relaxed and sheathed his claws. He was licking the drying blood off his fur when a soft voice meowed, "Thank you for sending them away." Korku stopped and turned mid-lick to see a she-cat silhouetted against the setting moon. "Hello, my name is Lalin, or moon, and I would like to introduce myself to the cat who saved me."

No comments:

Post a Comment